Today, buying a home off the shelf comes with a higher price tag. The average self-build home is economical by 30% than the one we can buy from a builder directly. If you have booked a home which is in construction stage from the builder, the time required to get possession would be three times or more, in comparison to what you can build on your plot.
Yes, very much right time, the reason is as follows:
To initiate house construction the following process are kicked off and these are not depended on weather conditions, you may also get rebate on many services , as you initiate your dream house construction in monsoon
- Architectural designs to be worked out – Typically it takes 15 days to a Month to finalize
- Architectural plan finalized has to be put up for Government body approval (Municipality) – This requires an optimistic time of a month or two.
- Estimated budget can be prepared for forwarding to banks for loan requirements,if required.
- After 1 and before 2 you may have to search for the contractors who may take care of the execution part and shortlist few.
- Post approval of working drawings, the contractors would submit you with a quote. Comparing the pricing structure of different contractor and finalizing the right one Typically require a fortnight.
If you decide to initiate building your own home in monsoon, the backend work requires typically 3 to 04 months. So if you start your planning in the monsoon, the construction work at site will start construction works at your plot starts can as monsoon start descended or would have completely gone.
If you are done with the backend work (design and documentation) and are ready to execute (break the ground) in monsoon, You must take following precautionary measures to continue your construction works in Monsoon
- Good storage godown for cement at site.
- Temporary electrical for construction works to be fully secured to avoid any mishap.
- De-watering pump to remove water from excavated footings.
- Plan for concrete works with inputs from local meteorological office . also keep tarpaulins ready to cover concrete in case of intermittent rain showers.
Monsoon is good for farmers and also to the home builders. Don’t let Monsoons stop you from Constructing your dream home
here AWC is a construction company specializing in Real Estate, Engineering Procurement construction and Supply Chain management,. Throughout our history, we’ve succeeded by providing a wide range of construction solutions to our clients and delivering a whole lot of quality work.
You can reach us at 7089111277.